Wednesday, August 1, 2007

"Whew about to slip down."

I have been wanting to write to you, my nesbits, for a while. But alas the 9 to 5 has been giving me quite the spanking. But I guess that is precisely where I would like to begin, with the 9 to 5.

The other day I was driving home from my job in the factory. The traffic seemed to be squirming up The 5 with movements so dismal that not even Devo could perk me up. But I listened to them anyway. The thing about Devo is that they are just so damn talented, the music alone is so interesting that I rarely think twice about the lyrics. But there was something about that hour spent in southern california traffic that made me listen a bit differently. Perhaps, it was because I had just read a somewhat depressing (yet lovely) novel. Maybe, I was feeling especially lonely that day. The acne on my back and throbbing of breasts probably should have been a sign of a swift approaching period, which would of course result in either me eating everything in my fridge or weeping openly on my commute from work to home.

"Whew about to slip down." And there I slipped, and wept.

Thinking about crying over a Devo song reminds me of that time I sobbed over a Simpsons episode. It was stupid. I guess I cried because lately I can feel...I mean literally FEEL...my childhood oozing out of me. Cheesy? Yeah maybe, but whatever. Being an adult sucks.

But I do get to make stuff, that seems to be the closest I can get to being 6 again. On that note, I should go ahead and say that the planes are doing well...and in fact today they took a turn for the better...they found their way off the wall (WTF?!). This may actually come together. Hell yes.

Thanks for listening.

P.S. Libby, get Sunny on this here blog.

6 comments:

lauren mcconnablah said...

one time I cried at an Alvin and the Chipmunks show.

don't judge me.

lauren mcconnablah said...

i couldn't help it, the chipmunks finally found their mom

J.R. Uretsky said...

shut your filthy mouth...wait...was their mom a chipmunk? wait did that dude hump a munk?

Eleanor Greer said...

so confused....but I do miss you j.r. uretsky even though you wish I didn't. None of that mushy crap eh? We shall be together soon and I shall read to you...

Libby said...

What a nice insight into Jamie. I want to stay six too. My sister has been helping me get my resume and cover letter all ready to apply to this regional coordinator position (which i probably wont get) and I keep looking at "me on paper" and thinking, no way, I am not that experienced, I don't have those skills, I am not an adult and there is no way that I should be in charge of so many things, so don't hire me. I really want to have better self-esteem, but I really don't want a job, I just want to make stuff. Where can I find me a husband who will undertand this and thus want to support me in this endeavor?

J.R. Uretsky said...

"Where can I find me a husband who will undertand this and thus want to support me in this endeavor?"

I think I would rather have a husband who understands that art is my 'dirty mistress'. Making it somewhat normal for me to not speak to him for several days at a time and only returning home for food and sex.

I might be a bad person.
_______________

Eleanor....come to me.