Sunday, October 5, 2008

LOL

I am currently reading a highly recommended, truly hilarious, and poetically insightful book titled, The Sex Lives of Cannibals-telling the story of a young man who goes to live on a small atoll in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. You would think it would be Paradise, and at moments it is-but it is mostly eating a lot of uncooked fish, listening to "La Macarena," and dealing with people shitting on the beach.

Nevertheless, I just came across this little tidbit that made me laugh out loud and think of Kenobi and her car rides to and from Monterrey with Jamie-
"If you have never driven a manuel-shifting car alone with an uncaged cat, I recommend that you go to great lengths to avoid the experience. I deluded myself into thinking that the cat would sit quietly in the passenger seat, but in fact moments after I started the car he found his way to the top of my head, which he used as a perch to leap toward the window, which sadly for him, was closed, causing him to experience a not inconsiderable amount of panic, which he manifested by ripping me to shreds, pausing only to relieve himself."

No comments: