Tuesday, June 5, 2007

CyberFun!...wait...

Hello Tots!

Jamie here with yes...an IDEA!!! Perhaps the idea of the century! Huzzah! I would like to purpose a CYBERCRIT!

Crit day will be in three weeks from today (June 26, 2007) on that day whoever would like to participate (EVERYONE) will post images of ONE finished piece along with any little tidbit write up you want to give it...then...(as you may have guessed) we all leave comments about your post.

But wait there is more...I will also be providing a guest 'critter' (haha) to log on to our page and leave comments about our work. I was thinking that each month (or so) one of us acts as the 'host' of the CyberCrit, in which our responsibilities would consist of announcing a crit date, organizing a guest critique person, and umm other stuff. So this month is me...booya!

Yay...questions? comments?

P.S. Happy Birthday yesterday to Ms. Libby Stokes and I promise I'll avoid using you for inebriated back-rubs next year.

3 comments:

Eleanor Greer said...

Betty Spackman writes of a drawing/painting collaboration, "It has been one of the most sacred excercises I have done as an artist. In un-negotated, unspoken ways, we have responded from the deepest places of the soul to one another's mark making and imagery."

In response to the Cyber-crit idea, I admit that I need a deadline in my life...I have not been drawing/painting really at all. But there also has been a lot of talk amongst us about collaboration...what should we do about that?

Libby said...

Props to Jamie for this wonderful idea. Can we get Andy Goldsworthy as our guest critter? Haha...

What do you think about each person having a designated day instead of everyone on one day? That way we can devote more attention and thoughtful posting energy into each person. That might pose a problem for having a guest critter, but we could maybe wait until each person has presented their work to get outside feedback? Anyway, I was just thinking...

J.R. Uretsky said...

yesss libby I like your idea...